John was born and educated in Orange. John was a partner in a large legal practice in Orange for 30 years and has been a consultant with Blackwell Short for 10 years. He has extensive experience in conveyancing, commercial law and litigation. Over 15 years he has developed a sought after reputation in building and construction law.
ACKGROUND AND LEGAL INTERESTS
John has a particular interest in mediation as a cost effective and efficient way of resolving legal issues.
- Bachelor of Arts, Australian National University
- Bachelor of Laws, Australian National University
- Public Notary
- Accredited Mediator
- Chairman – Cancer Care Western NSW Inc which promotes the expansion of Cancer Services in Western Areas and has built Western Care Lodge to accommodate cancer patients at Orange Health Services.
- Palliative Care Community
- John has been involved in many community activities and projects including Banjo Patterson Park and Committee, Community access to legal advice, Orange Theatre Company, Orange Kart Racing Club