Background & Legal Interests
Deirdre emigrated from Scotland to Australia in 2002. Admitted as a solicitor in Scotland in October 2000 she became admitted into the NSW Supreme Court as a solicitor in Australia in October 2004.
Deirdre has lived in the Orange area and worked in a large legal practice in Orange from February 2002 until October 2017 before joining us in February 2018.
Deirdre is experienced in the area of Wills, Estate Administration and Elder law which includes, Wills, Power of Attorney, Appointments of Enduring Guardians, Advance Care Directives, advice on Aged Care facility accommodation contracts, applications to NCAT Guardianship division for financial and guardianship orders, all types of estate Probate, Letters of Administration (for estates without a Will).
Deirdre feels privileged to work with clients and families, often at challenging times, to meet their succession planning and estate administration needs.
- Bachelor of Law (Honours), University of Dundee, Scotland
- Diploma of Legal Practice, University of Aberdeen, Scotland
- Legal Practitioners Admission Board, University of Sydney, Australia
- Currently undertaking a Masters Degree of Applied Law in Wills & Estates, College of Law, Sydney
- Family, Music, Church and Farming
- 10-Thousand-girl panel member, raising awareness amongst rural women of finance and legal matters
- Scottish Association, Orange